INDOOR PROGRAMME: Do you have a space in Ride London this year? Not sure where to start with your training?
Ride London is the UK’s largest cycle challenge with riders from all over the world arriving in London each July to conquer the iconic route made famous by the cycling events of the London 2012 Olympics. Our signature 8-week Njinga Indoor Group Training Programme is perfectly designed for every level of rider to complete Ride London in their fastest ever time or complete it for the first time. The Njinga training philosophy of TrainSmart + FuelSmart + ThinkSmart = RideSmart has helped novice riders and highly experienced riders achieve their own individual goals for Ride London since 2013 and the 2018 edition is going to be no exception as the Njinga Cycling legacy continues to grow.
Dates: Monday 4th June - Wednesday 25th July 2018
Days: Mondays and Wednesdays @ 20h00 - 21h15
Nutrition Workshop: Monday 4th June @ 20h00
FTP Testing: Wednesday 6th June and Wednesday 25th July 2018
This programme will ensure you TrainSmart and are prepared to take on the iconic Ride London.
To sign up today click here.
- Monday and Wednesday weekly bespoke Indoor Cycling class on the wattbike. (20h00-21h15)
- Post session Protein Recovery Smoothies after every Monday and Wednesday class to help you recover faster after every session.
- Expert advice from experienced British Cycling Coaches who have completed multiple Ride London Sportives.
- 2 x class credits to attend Yoga for Cyclists and Strength & Conditioning for cyclists.
- 1 x Njinga Performance Nutrition Workshop on Monday 4th June 2018 informing you of the best ways to fuel your body smartly before, during and after training on the bike.
- 2 x Water Bottles
- Data Analysis
- Pre-and post-programme Functional Threshold Power Testing to calculate your cycling fitness levels at the beginning of the programme to progressively improve over 8 weeks of training with Njinga.
Top 10 benefits
Our programmes are designed by our Head Performance Coach to ensure that no matter what your goal for Ride London is, when you turn up on the start line on Sunday 29th July 2018 you are in the best possible condition to not only achieve your goal but exceed your aspirations for the sportive. We guarantee you will:
- Increase your average speed and average power
- Improve your power to weight ratio based on the Functional Threshold Power Test at beginning and end of programme
- Create a more equal power distribution in both your left and right leg when riding*
- Increase your leg strength to compete more effectively in the peloton
- Enhance your mental strength allowing you to drive through the pain barrier when taking on the steepest of climbs
- Better develop your muscle adaptation to drive a more efficient pedal technique
- Boost your energy levels as a direct result of better informed nutritional choices to ensure you are fuelling your bodies smartly
- Learn from likeminded cyclists as you push one another to challenge your limits in a motivational environment to achieve your cycling potential
- Increase your flexibility by learning proper stretching of key cyclist muscles to aid performance and injury prevention.
- This programme is proven to have successfully helped riders complete their goals for Ride London; whether that be completing their first Ride London or achieving their best time through our training philosophy of “TrainSmart + FuelSmart + ThinkSmart = RideSmart”.
*Subject to no injury or leg restriction issues
OUR SPECIAL EARLY BIRD PRICE ON THE PROGRAMME IS £349 IF YOU PAY BEFORE FRIDAY 11th MARCH 2018. AFTER THIS DATE THE STANDARD PRICE OF THE PROGRAMME IS £399.
To sign up today click here.
Hear what our riders have to say:
“I cannot recommend Njinga enough if you want to improve all aspects of your cycling performance and experience. I have just finished the Ride London programme. During the programme the camaraderie and team spirit of the other riders motivated me through the toughest of sessions as did the encouragement and support of the coaches. The facts speak for themselves. By the end of the programme I produced the ride of a lifetime reducing last year's time of 5 hours 32 minutes to 5 hours 11 minutes. I now have the belief to reduce this time even further and take my cycling into new possibilities!” Lisa Price
"I was the only one in that line not in team kit and as we crossed the finish line these young powerful and fit 20- and 30- something year-olds all high-fived each other, and me. I cannot tell you how absolutely f’ing exhilarating that was. Thank you for getting me into a place where I could experience that." Michael Schaefer