About the camp
Perfect prep for those epic UK & European climbing sportives like Dragon Ride, Marmotte, Etape du Tour, Stelvio Santini, Maratona dles Dolomites, etc
Ride and train with likeminded cyclists as you recce some of the famous climbs that Wales has to offer. Experience the highs and lows of the beautiful terrain as you tackle iconic 25% gradients, some amazing rollers and breath-taking descents. Your climbing legs will be put through their paces as you are coached and supported by British Cycling Coaches who have first-hand experience of Taming the Dragon!
Wales training camp - key details
This training camp is suitable for intermediate (able to maintain 14MPH) and advanced (able to maintain 16MPH +) level riders.
Why do a Njinga Camp?
Expert Coaching and Support
* Everyone comes on a Njinga camp with their own strengths and weaknesses. We aim to get the most out of each and every one of our riders by working through their challenges with our unique #trainsmart philosophy.
* Whether it’s getting someone to do a 14km climb for the first time, or taking 20 minutes off their PB up Sa Colobra, we are there every step of the way to provide the right amount of coaching and support to push you that little bit further than even you thought you could go.
* We want you to come away from each camp with the pride and statisfaction of knowing that your cycling just got upgraded!
* As holistic nutrition coaches, all our food is cooked from scratch and with years of practise, we know just how to satisfy our hungry riders.
* Performance on the bike is integral to our #fuelsmart strategies to ensure energy levels are maintained while post ride recovery is maximised.
* Down to the last detail with pre and post ride smoothies, all ride snacks and buffet style meals, we ensure your body is fuelled with the right natural foods both on and off the bike.
Family Feel Accommodation
* We don’t stay in hotels where you are just a number, we look for quirky, yet super comfortable villa style accommodation for our training camps.
* We try our best to ensure everyone has access to an en suite bathroom, there is plenty space for bike storage and a great place to gather around for evening drinks and dinner.
* We have been told it’s the community feel, camaraderie and group support, no matter what level of rider, that keeps everyone coming back.
Highly recommend a long weekend with Njinga. Will definitely do another. Leigh and Togo are incredibly accommodating and giving. We got fantastic coaching tips all weekend. Great food and great company. We enjoyed everything about it, even the rain. Your planning, organisation and hospitality was once again faultless.
Togo and Leigh are great hosts and all your needs, both on and off the bike are catered for. Nothing is too much trouble for Togo, he will even push you up the hill if you need it. Leigh prepares and serves lovely food and does not rest until you cannot eat or drink anymore.
* 3 nights accommodation based on 2 sharing (single supplement available), in the Njinga Villa -quality accommodation to enhance team spirit and rider camaraderie.
* Nutritionally enhanced buffet breakfast and dinners to provide energy and aid faster recovery (incl.1 glass of wine at dinner, feel free to bring your own additional alcohol)
* Post ride protein recovery smoothies (high quality, natural, gluten, dairy and soy free)
* Nutritious ride snacks (high quality, natural, gluten, dairy and soy free)
* British cycling coach support (highly experienced, endurance road cycling specific)
* Post ride stretching by experienced PT
* Guided rides with Njinga ride captains navigating and setting the pace of the peloton
* GPX files of routes
- £485pp** sharing, with ensuite bathroom
- £445pp** sharing with shared bathroom
* Limited to 13 spaces
* A non-refundable deposit of £200 is required when you sign up to reserve your space online.
* We then require the remaining total balance, no later than 5 weeks prior to our departure date. (ie. no later than 6th April).
* If you are signing up after the 6th April, you will be expected to pay the total amount required.
* All payments (besides the deposit) must be made by bank transfer. There is a 3% surcharge for credit card payments.
* If for any reason you can no longer make it, there will be a £25 charge to transfer the booking into someone else’s name provided you find someone and they pay the full amount owed.
*Cost of travel to and from the Njinga House in the Breacon Beacons (we recommend carpooling for this jouney and can arrange suitable car sharing once all rider names have been finalised)
*Lunch at pre-determined pub stops along the training routes each day
*Any mechanical spare parts