About the Camp
Mallorca… If it’s good enough for Team Sky! This is ideal pre-season training in milder conditions. Catered to intermediate level riders (riders able to maintain an average of 14mph+), our training camp will be fully supported by a British cycling coach. You will tackle Category 1-2 climbs, long descents, steady rollers and windy flats as we work to improve your skills and fitness levels for the summer of cycling ahead.
This year we are taking smaller groups (max10) to ensure everyone gets personal attention and specific, expert coaching and nutritional support. We want to ensure that this is the most beneficial few days of riding for you.
You will take in some spectacular coastal and interior routes offering various daily challenges whether it be testing climbs such as the world famous Sa Calobra with its 26 hairpin bends, or picturesque Sant Salvador, you simply don't want to miss out.
Mallorca Training Camp - key details
Total distance each day will range between 80-140kms in varying terrain with between 1000-2500m of climbing.
Why do a Njinga camp?
Expert Coaching and Support
* Everyone comes on a Njinga camp with their own strengths and weaknesses. We aim to get the most out of each and every one of our riders by working through their challenges with our unique #trainsmart philosophy.
* Whether it’s getting someone to do a 14km climb for the first time, or taking 20 minutes off their PB up Sa Colobra, we are there every step of the way to provide the right amount of coaching and support to push you that little bit further than even you thought you could go.
* We want you to come away from each camp with the pride and statisfaction of knowing that your cycling just got upgraded!
* As holistic nutrition coaches, all our food is cooked from scratch and with years of practise, we know just how to satisfy our hungry riders.
* Performance on the bike is integral to our #fuelsmart strategies to ensure energy levels are maintained while post ride recovery is maximised.
* Down to the last detail with pre and post ride smoothies, all ride snacks and buffet style meals, we ensure your body is fuelled with the right natural foods both on and off the bike.
Family Feel Accommodation
* We don’t stay in hotels where you are just a number, we look for quirky, yet super comfortable villa style accommodation for our training camps.
* We try our best to ensure everyone has access to an en suite bathroom, there is plenty space for bike storage and a great place to gather around for evening drinks and dinner.
* We have been told it’s the community feel, camaraderie and group support, no matter what level of rider, that keeps everyone coming back.
The food was incredible, fantastic selection and delicious! The rides were very well organised with good routes. Such a friendly bunch, all the people were amazing. Honestly would not change a thing!
Awesome Njinga week of cycling in Mallorca. Gorgeous villa, delicious and nutritious food, stunning rides and great company. Loved it!!
* 4 nights accommodation based on 2 sharing, in the Njinga Villa - quality accommodation to enhance team spirit and rider camaraderie.
* 3.5 days of riding and technical drills (option to upgrade the number of days)
* Nutritionally enhanced full breakfast and dinners, buffet style to provide energy and aid speedy recovery (incl.1 glass of wine at dinner, feel free to bring your own additional alcohol)
* Post ride protein recovery smoothies (high quality, natural, gluten, dairy and soy free)
* Nutritious ride snacks (high quality, natural, gluten, dairy and soy free)
* British Cycling accredited coaching on all days (highly experienced, endurance road cycling specific)
* Post ride stretching by experienced PT*
* Guided rides with Njinga ride captains navigating and setting the pace of the peloton
* GPX files of routes
* 2 x Evening Coaching Workshops – Njinga TrainSmart concepts and advice for your 2019 season
* Training Diaries
* Full itinerary provided a month in advance
BOOK EARLY AND SAVE
- £685pps** sharing, with ensuite bathroom (until 1st December 2018)
- £735pps** sharing, with ensuite bathroom (2nd December 2018 onwards)
* Limited to 10 spaces, all rooms with ensuite bathroom
* A non-refundable deposit of £250 is required when you sign up to reserve your space online.
* We then require the remaining total balance no later than 8 weeks prior to our departure date. (ie. no later than 10th Jan).
* If you are signing up after the 10th January, you will be expected to pay the total amount.
* All payments (besides the deposit) must be made by bank transfer.
* If for any reason you can no longer make it, there will be a £25 charge to transfer the booking into someone else’s name provided you find someone and they pay the full amount owed.
*Cost of flights and transfers from the airport (Please don't book your flight until trip confirmed)
*Personal and bike insurance
*Lunch/coffee stops along the route each day
*Any mechanical spare parts