Chase the sun
3 days, 100 miles a day and a celebratory summer solstice party in Cornwall.
Join us as we take on the challenge of cycling London to Cornwall, arriving in time to celebrate the longest day of the year. Fully supported by our experienced Njinga Ride Captains, and support team, riders will be making their way across the scenic south west, covering roughly 100 miles a day.
What better way to celebrate summer than with an exciting cycling challenge down to some of the most beautiful beaches in the UK.
Summer Solstice Challenge - key details
4/5. This trip is open to all levels but given there are long distances to cover each day, we recommend you are able to cycle a minimum of 14 mph.
Why do Njinga's Summer Solstice Challenge?
Challenge your Boundaries
* Our Njinga challenge rides are that little something extra- that trip that will create a life changing experience, provide lasting memories and take you on a journey that challenges your boundaries.
* Our Ride Captains are there every step of the way to provide the right amount of support to push you that little bit further than even you thought you could go.
* We want you to come away from each Challenge with that feeling that brings a smile to your face for days after, knowing that you have achieved something incredible.
"I loved it! Tough and challenging but so, so rewarding and great team spirit. Togo’s enthusiasm and encouragement pushed me to reach levels I didn’t think I could." Sophie Dale
Camaraderie and Support
* Our number 1 consistent feedback is the support and encouragement of the Njinga community that keeps everyone coming back. Not only from the friendly and supportive staff but the riders themselves, driving each other on to tackle the challenge.
* The difference is doing a challenge with new and existing friends that are all there to keep you going during your dark hours in the hurt locker.
"Great few days away with excellent coaching and support and fantastic food. Highly recommended" Tom Ashworth
Family Feel Accommodation
* We want you to "feel at home" when away on one of our trips! We look for spacious and super comfortable accommodation so you can kick back and relax after a good day out in the saddle.
* We try our best to ensure everyone has access to an en suite bathroom, there is plenty space for bike storage and a great place to gather around for evening drinks and dinner.
* We have been told it’s the community feel, camaraderie and group support, no matter what level of rider, that keeps everyone coming back.
"Stunning scenery, empty roads, a challenging few days riding and food and hospitality second to none. An excellent highly recommended weekend." John Sawyer
Highly recommend a long weekend with Njinga. Will definitely do another. Leigh and Togo are incredibly accommodating and giving. We got fantastic coaching tips all weekend. Great food and great company. We enjoyed everything about it, even the rain. Your planning, organisation and hospitality was once again faultless.
It exceeded all my expectations. The team had prepared great routes and although the rides were challenging, everyone was really friendly, the atmosphere was relaxed and we had plenty of time for coffee and cake stops!
"There are many cycle operations around, but Njinga Cycling truly want their clients to have a great time. This is why they are different!"
"The rides were very well organised with good routes. Such a friendly bunch, all the people were amazing. Honestly would not change a thing!"
- 3 nights accommodation based on 2 sharing, in 2 and 3 star hotels along the route (single supplement available)
- 3 days of riding from point to point
- Breakfast and Dinner each night and lunch en route
- Nutritious ride snacks (high quality, natural, gluten, dairy and soy free)
- Guided rides with Njinga ride captains navigating and setting the pace of the peloton
- Support van with mechanic
- Daily luggage transfer from start to finish
- Post Tour Beach party & drinks
- Bus transfer (w/ special bike trailers) Cornwall to SW London
- Optional Surfing Day in Cornwall (extra cost)
- GPX files of routes
BOOK EARLY AND SAVE
- £699 until 31st December
- £799 until 1st March
- £899 onwards
- Single Supplement available, contact us for more information
- A non-refundable deposit of £250 is required when you sign up to reserve your space online.
- We then require the remaining total balance no later than 8 weeks prior to our departure date. (ie. no later than 23rd April).
- If you are signing up after the 23rd April, you will be expected to pay the total amount required at that time.
- All payments must be made by bank transfer.
- If for any reason you can no longer make it, there will be a £25 charge to transfer the booking into someone else’s name provided you find someone and they pay the full amount owed.
- Personal and bike insurance
- Any mechanical spare parts