About the camp
Perfect prep for those epic UK & European climbing sportives like Dragon Ride, Marmotte, Etape du Tour, Stelvio Santini, Maratona dles Dolomites, etc
Ride and train with likeminded cyclists as you recce some of the famous climbs that Wales has to offer. Experience the highs and lows of the beautiful terrain as you tackle iconic 25% gradients, some amazing rollers and breath-taking descents. Your climbing legs will be put through their paces as you are coached and supported by British Cycling Coaches who have first-hand experience of Taming the Dragon!
Wales training camp - key details
This training camp is suitable for intermediate (able to maintain 14mph) and advanced (able to maintain 16mph +) level riders.
Why do a Njinga Camp?
Expert Coaching and Support
* Everyone comes on a Njinga camp with their own strengths and weaknesses. We aim to get the most out of each and every one of our riders by working through their challenges with our unique #trainsmart philosophy.
* Whether it’s getting someone to do a 14km climb for the first time, or taking 20 minutes off their PB up Sa Colobra, we are there every step of the way to provide the right amount of coaching and support to push you that little bit further than even you thought you could go.
* We want you to come away from each camp with the pride and statisfaction of knowing that your cycling just got upgraded!
* As holistic nutrition coaches, all our food is cooked from scratch and with years of practise, we know just how to satisfy our hungry riders.
* Performance on the bike is integral to our #fuelsmart strategies to ensure energy levels are maintained while post ride recovery is maximised.
* Down to the last detail with pre and post ride smoothies, all ride snacks and buffet style meals, we ensure your body is fuelled with the right natural foods both on and off the bike.
Family Feel Accommodation
* We don’t stay in hotels where you are just a number, we look for quirky, yet super comfortable villa style accommodation for our training camps.
* We try our best to ensure everyone has access to an en suite bathroom, there is plenty space for bike storage and a great place to gather around for evening drinks and dinner.
* We have been told it’s the community feel, camaraderie and group support, no matter what level of rider, that keeps everyone coming back.
Prior to going to Wales I was apprehensive about the amount of climbing we would be doing and the level of the other riders that were going on the trip. I needn’t have worried, it was a wonderful weekend with the most amazing support and group of fellow riders. The confidence that Togo, James and the other riders gave me was just so reassuring. It was the most beautiful place I have cycled at in the UK and when the sun was out you could have been mistaken to have been in another country of warmer climates.
The food and the care that was taken at the accommodation was fabulous and the meals were top-notch! An amazing weekend that was challenging but fun and relaxed. I will be going again :)
Thank you Team Njinga
This trip has become a must for my annual cycling calendar. It’s fantastic preparation and training for any Summer or Autumn event. The routes, the climbs, the company and the coaching are amazing and have made a huge difference to me. The evenings are a perfect wind down with great nutrition and performance advice, then great food, little bit of wine and lots of banter. Really awesome trip.
* 3 nights accommodation based on 2 sharing (single supplement available), in the Njinga Villa - quality accommodation to enhance team spirit and rider camaraderie.
* Nutritionally enhanced buffet breakfast and dinners to provide energy and aid faster recovery (incl.1 glass of wine at dinner, feel free to bring your own additional alcohol)
* Post ride protein recovery smoothies (high quality, natural, gluten, dairy and soy free)
* Nutritious ride snacks (high quality, natural, gluten, dairy and soy free)
* British cycling coach support (highly experienced, endurance road cycling specific)
* Post ride stretching by experienced PT
* Guided rides with Njinga ride captains navigating and setting the pace of the peloton
* GPX files of routes
* Pre-dinner coaching workshops
BOOK EARLY AND SAVE
- £510pp** sharing, with ensuite bathroom OR £470pp** sharing with shared bathroom (until 15th March 2019)
- £535pp** sharing, with ensuite bathroom OR £495pp** sharing with shared bathroom (16th March 2019 onwards)
* Limited to 12 spaces
* Single supplement is £75
* A non-refundable deposit of £250 is required when you sign up to reserve your space online.
* We then require the remaining total balance, no later than 8 weeks prior to our departure date. (ie. no later than 15th March).
* If you are signing up after the 15th March, you will be expected to pay the total amount required.
* All payments (besides the deposit) must be made by bank transfer.
* If for any reason you can no longer make it, there will be a £25 charge to transfer the booking into someone else’s name provided you find someone and they pay the full amount owed.
*Cost of travel to and from the Njinga House in the Breacon Beacons (we recommend carpooling for this jouney and can arrange suitable car sharing once all rider names have been finalised)
*Lunch at pre-determined pub stops along the training routes each day
*Any mechanical spare parts