Chase the sun
3 days, 458 kms and a celebratory summer solstice party in Cornwall.
Join us as we take on the challenge of cycling London to Cornwall, arriving in time to celebrate the longest day of the year. Fully supported by our experienced Njinga Ride Captains and support team, riders will be making their way across 7 counties taking in the rolling hills and open landscapes of the beautiful south west of England.
What better way to celebrate summer than with an exciting cycling challenge down to some of the most beautiful beaches in the UK. This is more than just a cycling ride, it's a chance to push yourself, make new friends and celebrate your achievements in style.
Go on... What are you waiting for?
WHO IS THIS CHALLENGE FOR?
Due to the long distances we cover each day, we recommend you are able to cycle a min of 14 mph and be comfortable riding back to back days.
Not sure it's suitable for you? CONTACT US to chat further and we can help put a training plan together for you.
DAY 1: London to Radstock
DISTANCE: 179.95 KM
ELEVATION GAIN: 1543 M
We start the ride Thursday morning, leaving from SW London. Heading west, today we have the longest distance to cover but no major climbs, just rollers as we sweep across the breadth of England in search of the summer sunshine.
DAY 2: Radstock to Exeter
DISTANCE: 116.8 KM
ELEVATION GAIN: 1155 M
Friday morning we head south towards Exeter. Our shortest day of the challenge, we spin the legs in the morning and start to warm up for the one big climb of the day as we head out of Taunton.
Day 3: Exeter to Cornwall
DISTANCE: 152.8 KM.
ELEVATION GAIN: 2481M
Starting early Saturday morning we leave Exeter and head west for the final day of riding. One of the hardest days in the saddle climbing wise but easily the most beautiful as we make our way across the Moors and down into Cornwall. There will be plenty of time to stop, refuel and take pictures as long as we get to the beach in time for our delicious celebratory BBQ and well earned drinks!
Day 4: Cornwall and Departure
Sunday is all about relaxation and recovery. We will regroup for a gentle yoga session to stretch out your tired and achy muscles. Optional surfing for those staying longer before bikes are packed and everyone heads back home.
- 3 nights accommodation based on 2 sharing, in 2 and 3 star hotels along the route (single supplement available)
- 3 days of supported riding from point to point
- Breakfast and dinner each night and lunch en route
- Nutritious ride snacks (high quality, natural, gluten, dairy and soy free)
- Guided by experienced Njinga ride captains navigating and setting the pace of the peloton
- Support van with mechanic
- Daily luggage transfer from start to finish
- Post challenge beach BBQ & drinks
- Recovery yoga session on Sunday
- Bike transfers back to SW London
- Optional surfing day in Cornwall (extra cost)
- GPX files of routes
- Welcome pack
- £899 pp sharing (or check out our one day option below)
- Single Supplement available, contact us for more information
- A non-refundable deposit of £250 is required when you sign up to reserve your space online.
- We then require the remaining total balance no later than 8 weeks prior to our departure date. (ie. no later than 23rd April).
- If you are signing up after the 23rd April, you will be expected to pay the total amount required at that time.
- All payments must be made by bank transfer.
- If for any reason you can no longer make it, there will be a £25 charge to transfer the booking into someone else’s name provided you find someone and they pay the full amount owed.
- Personal and bike insurance
- Any mechanical spare parts and inner tubes
- Alcohol and drinks on day 1 and 2
- Transfer to start location
- Return trip from Newquay
- Optional surfing on Sunday
ONE DAY OPTION
Looking to do the last day only? Why not join us in Exeter on the Friday night for our final ride into Newquay on the Satuday am. You will still get to:
TOTAL COST PP: £299
Highly recommend a long weekend with Njinga. Will definitely do another. Leigh and Togo are incredibly accommodating and giving. We got fantastic coaching tips all weekend. Great food and great company. We enjoyed everything about it, even the rain. Your planning, organisation and hospitality was once again faultless.
It exceeded all my expectations. The team had prepared great routes and although the rides were challenging, everyone was really friendly, the atmosphere was relaxed and we had plenty of time for coffee and cake stops!
"There are many cycle operations around, but Njinga Cycling truly want their clients to have a great time. This is why they are different!"
"The rides were very well organised with good routes. Such a friendly bunch, all the people were amazing. Honestly would not change a thing!"
Why do Njinga's Summer Solstice Challenge?
Challenge your Boundaries
* Our Njinga challenge rides are that little something extra- that trip that will create a life changing experience, provide lasting memories and take you on a journey that challenges your boundaries.
* Our Ride Captains are there every step of the way to provide the right amount of support to push you that little bit further than even you thought you could go.
* We want you to come away from each Challenge with that feeling that brings a smile to your face for days after, knowing that you have achieved something incredible.
"I loved it! Tough and challenging but so, so rewarding and great team spirit. Togo’s enthusiasm and encouragement pushed me to reach levels I didn’t think I could." Sophie Dale
Camaraderie and Support
* Our number 1 consistent feedback is the support and encouragement of the Njinga community that keeps everyone coming back. Not only from the friendly and supportive staff but the riders themselves, driving each other on to tackle the challenge.
* The difference is doing a challenge with new and existing friends that are all there to keep you going during your dark hours in the hurt locker.
"Great few days away with excellent coaching and support and fantastic food. Highly recommended" Tom Ashworth
Family Feel Accommodation
* We want you to "feel at home" when away on one of our trips! We look for spacious and super comfortable accommodation so you can kick back and relax after a good day out in the saddle.
* We try our best to ensure everyone has access to an en suite bathroom, there is plenty space for bike storage and a great place to gather around for evening drinks and dinner.
* We have been told it’s the community feel, camaraderie and group support, no matter what level of rider, that keeps everyone coming back.
"Stunning scenery, empty roads, a challenging few days riding and food and hospitality second to none. An excellent highly recommended weekend." John Sawyer